iJAG Students Investigate What It Means to "Be Orange"
Mason City Students Investigate Wartburg College to See If They Want To “Be Orange.”
On Tuesday March 11, 2014 Mason City students Mari Wilson, Ryan Rubash, Rachel Bonnichsen, and Ruiz Detrick invested a day of Spring Break to travel to Waverly, Iowa to visit and tour Wartburg College. Wilson, Bonnichsen, and Detrick are juniors, and Rubash is a senior. Click here to learn more about this great experience.
8th Graders Have Fun With "Seuss Tales"
On Wednesday, March 19, Mr. Wiedenheft's 8th grade Honors English students from John Adams Middle School visited Jefferson Elementary Kindergarten and 1st grade classes and shared "Seuss Tales" they had writing as an assignment for Honors English. Click here to read more about and view pictures from this assignment and event.
Read Across America 2014 Celebration
“You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”
45 million students, parents, and educators across America celebrated and honored Dr. Seuss' birthday on Monday, March 3, 2014. In the Mason City Schools elementary buildings, they have a week-long celebration of imagination and reading. Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss is very true here in Mason City.
iJAG Students Have a Blast Doing Service Learning
iJAG students participated in several service learning projects the week of February 24. Click here to read about their experiences at Lincoln Intermediate Science Night, Hoover Movie Night and "Be Our Guest" on KRIB and see photos of what is going on in the iJAG Service Learning.
Parent Workshop Planned - Building Resilient Kids
A free workshop available to Cerro Gordo county parents is planned.
- Would you like to learn parenting tools that are easy to learn and won't interrupt your normal routine?
- Feel like you are struggling as a parent?
- Does it seem like conventional methods of parenting are not working?
- Do you have a child you would describe as intense, maybe even challenging?
Building Resilient Kids, The Nurtured Heart Approach is a four week session lead by Stacie Lancaster, LMSW. Click here to find out more about this workshop and how to pre-register. Class size is limited to 16 participants.
- iJAG Students Lobby for $1M
- Go Ahead Make Their Day
- 2012-2013 Annual Report to the Communtiy
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Available
- Did Your Family Get New Technology This Holiday Season?
- Harding 2nd Graders Have a New "Hangout"
- A "First" for some of our PK students
- Teaming up to save energy and lower costs
- Mohawk Bakery Friday Mornings at MCHS
- 2013 Iowa All-State Music Audition Results