Community Listening Circles Planned
The Mason City Community School District Board of Education is hosting the third of three community listening circles on Saturday, March 22, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. in the Information Center at Hoover Elementary, 1123 8th St. NW, Mason City, Iowa. The objective of this listening post is to provide the community with information about district funding and an opportunity for the community to share ideas and suggestions with the Board and district administrators about what they want for students of the next 12 years, how the community can help and how to continue the tradition of excellence in education in the Mason City Schools.
Please enter Hoover Elementary at the main entrance on the north side of the building.
For further information or questions, please contact the Office of the Superintendent at 641-421-4401.
2013-2014 Snow/Weather Days Make-Up Schedule
The Mason City Community School District has had to date four days of school cancelled due to weather. Revised calendars have been posted to the website. Click on School Calendar on the menu to the left to view the revised calendars. Click here for a schedule of the make-up days.
Parent Workshop Planned - Building Resilient Kids
A free workshop available to Cerro Gordo county parents is planned.
- Would you like to learn parenting tools that are easy to learn and won't interrupt your normal routine?
- Feel like you are struggling as a parent?
- Does it seem like conventional methods of parenting are not working?
- Do you have a child you would describe as intense, maybe even challenging?
Building Resilient Kids, The Nurtured Heart Approach is a four week session lead by Stacie Lancaster, LMSW. Click here to find out more about this workshop and how to pre-register. Class size is limited to 16 participants.
iJAG Students Lobby for $1M
Mason City High School seniors Tatiana McWilliams and Hannah Timmer visited the Iowa State Capitol on Tuesday, February 24, 2014 to meet with legislators urging them to vote "yes" for iJAG and "yes" for students. Click here to view the article about this visit and a photo opportunity taken on the floor of the House of Representatives.
Go Ahead Make Their Day
On the afternoon of February 13, twenty-eight iJAG students visited Heritage Nursing Home to make their day . . . Valentine's Day that is. This day was organized by Ashley Barnish who is a CNA and a staff member at Heritage. Ashley trained the students on what to expect and how to have a conversation with the residents. She coordinated the event with the staff members at Heritage Nursing Home.
- 2012-2013 Annual Report to the Communtiy
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Available
- Did Your Family Get New Technology This Holiday Season?
- Harding 2nd Graders Have a New "Hangout"
- A "First" for some of our PK students
- Teaming up to save energy and lower costs
- Mohawk Bakery Friday Mornings at MCHS
- 2013 Iowa All-State Music Audition Results
- New Attendance Reporting Process for Families
- Parents Please Update Communication Preference