Read Across America 2014 Celebration
“You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”
45 million students, parents, and educators across America celebrated and honored Dr. Seuss' birthday on Monday, March 3, 2014. In the Mason City Schools elementary buildings, they have a week-long celebration of imagination and reading. Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss is very true here in Mason City.
iJAG Students Have a Blast Doing Service Learning
iJAG students participated in several service learning projects the week of February 24. Click here to read about their experiences at Lincoln Intermediate Science Night, Hoover Movie Night and "Be Our Guest" on KRIB and see photos of what is going on in the iJAG Service Learning.
2013-2014 Snow/Weather Days Make-Up Schedule
The Mason City Community School District has had to date four days of school cancelled due to weather. Revised calendars have been posted to the website. Click on School Calendar on the menu to the left to view the revised calendars. Click here for a schedule of the make-up days.
Parent Workshop Planned - Building Resilient Kids
A free workshop available to Cerro Gordo county parents is planned.
- Would you like to learn parenting tools that are easy to learn and won't interrupt your normal routine?
- Feel like you are struggling as a parent?
- Does it seem like conventional methods of parenting are not working?
- Do you have a child you would describe as intense, maybe even challenging?
Building Resilient Kids, The Nurtured Heart Approach is a four week session lead by Stacie Lancaster, LMSW. Click here to find out more about this workshop and how to pre-register. Class size is limited to 16 participants.
iJAG Students Lobby for $1M
Mason City High School seniors Tatiana McWilliams and Hannah Timmer visited the Iowa State Capitol on Tuesday, February 24, 2014 to meet with legislators urging them to vote "yes" for iJAG and "yes" for students. Click here to view the article about this visit and a photo opportunity taken on the floor of the House of Representatives.
- Go Ahead Make Their Day
- 2012-2013 Annual Report to the Communtiy
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services Available
- Did Your Family Get New Technology This Holiday Season?
- Harding 2nd Graders Have a New "Hangout"
- A "First" for some of our PK students
- Teaming up to save energy and lower costs
- Mohawk Bakery Friday Mornings at MCHS
- 2013 Iowa All-State Music Audition Results
- New Attendance Reporting Process for Families